When is Ammex Open?
Ammex Duty Free is open 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
What time is the Border Bargain Shop Open?
The Border Bargain Shop is currently open from 2pm – 12 am every day.
Can I prepay or buy items online?
Customers can shop the entire Ammex Duty Free Store and select Border Bargain Shop items 24 hrs. a day from this site. Items can be selected for in store or curbside pickup.
Can you Ship Items?
As a Land Border Duty Free Store items must be physically picked up and exported to Canada. Items cannot be shipped off site.
Do I have to go to Canada if I shop here?
Yes, Ammex Duty Free is located at the POINT OF NO RETURN at the US/CANADA border. The reason we are able to offer such great pricing is we are a Tax-Free & Duty-Free store. This means all items we offer must be exported to CANADA. Once exported the item can also be brought back to the US if you so desire.
Can I buy in the US and Stay in the US?
No, Ammex Duty Free is located at the POINT OF NO RETURN at the US/CANADA border. The reason we are able to offer such great pricing is we are a Tax-Free & Duty-Free store. This means all items we offer must be exported to CANADA. Once exported the item can also be brought back to the US if you so desire.
AMMEX ONLINE SHOPPING FAQ
How Does It Work?
Ammex Global Marketplace online shopping is designed to allow you a quick, easy, SAFE, and pleasant shopping experience. Select your items, choose your pickup time, and then let us do the shopping for you! We offer our entire selection of Liquor, Beer, Wine, Tobacco, Perfume, Cosmetics, Skincare, and Café products on our site, all at the same price as in our store. We look to expand to additional categories soon. We also introduce select items from our Border Bargain Shop 24 hours after they have been made available on the store floor.
- We currently offer in-store and curbside pickup options.
- In-store pickup & curbside pickup times are available 24hrs a day.
- Orders can be placed as little as 35 minutes ahead of time, all the way up to two days in advance.
- The minimum order is $35, and there will be a $5 holding fee for items not picked up within 24 hours of the originally scheduled pick up time.
- At this time, there is no fee for online shopping. There will be a $5 holding fee for items not picked up within 24 hours of the originally scheduled pick up time and a $10 restocking fee for items not picked up within 5 days of the originally scheduled pick up time.
- On the day your order is scheduled, our Sales Associates will do all they can to ensure that you get everything you ordered as requested.
- In-store: Pick up at our customer service desk. Curbside: Park in one of our designated curbside pickup spots and call us at (586) 819-0467.
- Select Bargain Shop items are now available for online prepay Instore or Curbside pickup service, and we will add additional items regularly. As with all online orders, there is a $35 min purchase for orders.
- Bargain Shop items online will have a purchase limit of 2 of each item. Items posted online will be products that have first been made available for IN-STORE purchases only.
Be sure to include any notes on the Shopping Cart page.
Please note we have weekly deals of the week. Our weekly sales begin on Monday and end the following Sunday.
Setting Up an Account or Shopping as a Guest
Click on SHOPPING at the top of the page, click on Online Shopping and click on Login/Register
If you are accessing the site from your phone, click on the two lines on the top right corner, go to SHOPPING and click Online Shopping. Click the three lines at top left of page and scroll down to Login/Register
Helpful Tips to Get You Started Shopping
There are multiple ways to shop online with Ammex Global Marketplace:
- Use the search bar at the top and search by whatever product, brand, or type of item you’re looking for.
- Select a department from the top menu bar and browse by department.
- When looking at items, use the filters along the sidebar to narrow down the items by brand, department, category, or sub-category.
- On your shopping cart summary page, remember to add any notes for the order, if needed.
- When paying at the end, please include your LICENSE PLATE and STATE or PROVINCE in the NOTES SECTION.
How to Create a Shopping List
One of the great features of our online shopping experience is the ability to create a shopping list. Have regular items you purchase every week? Create a list, and you can order those with the click of a button! Do you need to make a list for that birthday party you’re hosting next week? No problem! You can make a list for a specific occasion and add items to the list as you remember them. There are a couple of different ways you can get a list started, and you can easily add items to your list:
- From any item page or listing of items, you will see the List button above the Add to Cart button when you are logged in. Click on this and add any quantity of that item to an existing list or create a new list right from there.
- From your Shopping Cart page, you can select to move any item to one of your lists and delete it from your cart. You can also copy an item to any list as well and keep it in your current cart.
- You can also manage your lists from your Account page. You can access your account options from the top right, where it says Hello, (your name). From the drop-down menu, select Lists. Here you can manage the items in any of your lists. You can also select to move any item or the whole list to your shopping cart, or copy any item, or the whole list, to your cart.
- What if I can’t find an item on the site?
- Keep in mind that if an item is in stock, it will show in the online store. If it is currently out of stock, the item will not show.
- We are currently only making Liquor, Beer, Wine, Tobacco, and Café items available online. We look to expand to Confections, Perfume, and Miscellaneous items shortly.
- Can I add special instructions for items?
- No; however, you can add “General Instructions” to the order.
- How do substitutions work?
- We do not allow or provide substitutions.
- Does Ammex Global Marketplace deliver?
- As a Duty Free Land Border Store, we are not allowed to ship items. All items must be picked up in person and exported to Canada by the person making the purchase.
- Is there an order minimum I need to meet?
- There is a $35 order minimum for all online orders.
- How far in advance can I place an order for pick-up?
- Orders can be placed up to 4 days in advance.
- What about beer, wine, & spirits?
- Our beverage department is available to shop online! We’ve got a large selection of beer, wine, & spirits to choose from. ID verifying that you are 19 will be required at the time of pickup.
- How do I know if an item is on sale?
- Sale items will have the original price struck through and show the sale price below the original price. They also will show the savings amount in the bottom corner of the product image.
- Why don’t the Online Exclusive Deals show a different price?
- The discount for the Online Exclusive Deals will show up when the item is added to your cart.
- Can I change the date/time of pickup for an order I have already placed?
- Please give us a call at (586) 819-0467 if you need to change the date or time of pickup for an order you’ve already placed. If it’s for a later date or time than your original order, this will be no problem. If it’s for an earlier date or time, we will do our best to accommodate this change but may not be able to process the order earlier than your originally selected date & time. There will be a $5 holding fee for items not picked up within 24 hours of the originally scheduled pick up time and a $10 restocking fee for items not picked up within 5 days of the originally scheduled pick up time.
- Can I review my order once it’s been placed?
- You will receive a confirmation email when you place your order that includes a list of everything you ordered. Additionally, you can log in to your account and select Past Orders. Here you can see an order you just placed as well as any previous orders. You can also easily duplicate a past order from this menu as well.
- Can I save an order I haven’t finished yet?
- You sure can. Once you have registered for an account and logged in, any item you put in your cart will remain there until you checkout or remove the item. If you place items into your cart but have not signed into your account, items in your cart will not be saved.
- How do I add an item to an order I already placed?
- Just give us a call us at (586) 819-0467 , and we’ll gladly add that item to the order for you.
- How can I cancel an order I’ve placed?
- Please call us at (586) 819-0467 if you need to cancel your order.
- What if I need to return a product from my order?
- Returns will be handled in the same way as any in-store purchase from Ammex Global Marketplace. This process is stated on all receipts.
- I received the wrong product. What should I do?
- Our foragers will do their best to make sure you get exactly what you ask for, but we’re human, and mistakes can happen. Call us at (586) 819-0467 or email us at email@example.com. We’ll credit you back for the wrong product and have the right product ready for you at the store.
- What if I do not pick up my items?
- There will be a $5 holding fee for items not picked up within 24 hours of the originally scheduled pick up time and a $10 restocking fee for items not picked up within 5 days of the originally scheduled pick up time.
Billing, Payment & Pricing
- What if the amount charged to my credit card is wrong?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (586) 819-0467, and we’ll gladly correct any billing issues. Please keep in mind that the order total shown online when you place the order is an estimate and often varies from the amount charged when the transaction is finalized on pickup day.
- What if I would like to change my account information?
- When you sign in to your account, select the Profile tab. From here, you can update your contact information. You can also edit/delete your payment information from the Wallet tab.
- Is there a fee for ordering online?
- Not at this time; however, a fee for online shopping is subject to change at any time. There will be a $5 holding fee for items not picked up within 24 hours of the originally scheduled pick up time and a $10 restocking fee for items not picked up within 5 days of the originally scheduled pick up time.
- Can I pay for my order with a gift card?
- Our current online ordering system does not allow for payment with a gift card for gift card security purposes.
- Do you have weekly specials?
- We have weekly and monthly specials. Our weekly sales begin on Mondays and end the following Monday. Our monthly sales will begin on a Wednesday and last for 4-5 weeks, ending on a Tuesday. You will always get the sale price of an item at the time of pickup. This may be different from when you placed the order.
- Do you accept coupons for online orders?
- No coupons are accepted for online orders.
- How is the tax for my order determined?
- We are a Tax Free & Duty Free Store. No taxes are due or added to online payments.
- Is my credit card information safe?
- Your credit card information is never stored with Ammex Duty Free and is never shared with any other parties. Card data input is replaced with an irreversible token in our system that has no value, and all cardholder information is encrypted by the credit card processor.
- You will always receive the price of an item based on your pickup date.
- If an item is not on sale when you order, but is on sale on your pickup date, you pay the sale price.
- If the item is on sale when you order, but not on sale on your pickup date, you pay the regular price.
- Buy One, Get One Free and 2-for Pricing
- If an item is marked “Buy One, Get One Free,” or as “2 For $X,” you must add two of the items to your cart to receive the second item free.
We strive to offer you world-class online shopping experience. If you have any compliments, criticisms, or suggestions, please send them to us at email@example.com